Pemko's standard duty anodized aluminum Full Mortise units are designed mainly for new door applications. Also available in heavy duty models
Buy Pemko Continous Geared Hinges @ Quiality Door & Hardware Inc , We are a GSA Contract Holder & Distributer Of Quality Made Commercial Door Hardware For Assa Abloy !
Features Pemko CFM83 Hinges
- Fasteners are No. 12-24 x 7/16" FHUC, Type C, threadforming, no tapping required
- Applied to conceal both leaves
- With a continuous hinge, typical alignment problems (such as door sag and binding) are eliminated.
- The continuous hinge distributes load stress uniformly along the full length of the door and frame.
- The gear design of the continuous hinge ensures symmetrical operation of each leaf.
- 1/2 lb. or less operating force required to operate most doors, regardless of size.
- Low operating force feature makes continuous hinges ideal for doors used by the physically challenged.
- The continuous hinge acts as reinforcement for both door and frame.
- A high degree of security can be achieved for exterior openings or restricted spaces by using a continuous hinge. With the geared construction and the full-length channel cap, the common gap between the door and frame is sealed, which provides security against prying.
- In addition, the closing of this gap protects against pinching fingers in doors in public areas, particularly those where children are present.
- Sight proof design of the continuous hinge provides privacy for lavatories, executive offices, or file rooms.
- PemkoHinge has increased critical stress points of the leaf extrusions, which provides additional strength and rigidity to the completed product.
- PemkoHinge has a new bearing design which eliminates premature wear, guarantees proper alignment, and requires fewer bearings to carry more weight. This new bearing is produced for Pemko using a chemical composition and injection process that provides a stronger, more accurately formed bearing.
- PemkoHinge is designed with inter-meshing gear segments in the hinge which provide 50% more bearing surface. With more bearing surface, less wear results.
- PemkoHinge also goes through the anodizing process after completing all machining. This means the machined aluminum surfaces that are in direct contact with the bearing have a smoother, harder surface, thereby reducing wear.
- PemkoHinge maintains uniform bearing spacing the full length of the hinge even when lengths exceed 10 ft.
- PemkoHinge uses #12-24 size fasteners instead of #10. (#12 Tek fasteners available upon request).
- PemkoHinge commercial models are ideal for use on lead lined doors (i.e. hospital X-ray rooms), without requiring special screw locations.
Specifications Pemko CFM83 Continous Hinges
|Finish:||C - Clear Anodized|
|Width:||25/32" (19.8 mm)|
|Height:||2-9/16" (65.1 mm)|
|UL:||Fire Rated - UL10C - Positive Pressure|
|Other Certifications:||PemkoHinge Fire Rating - UL76Y2|